Check the calendar for upcoming meetings.
Copy Cats - West Des Moines
Have you ever seen a garment in the "wild" and wanted to recreate it at home?
Fabric Flourishes - Ames
- Focuses on embellishing fabrics in many different ways. Through dying, painting, stenciling, etc. Lots of hands on!
- The group meets once every three months. Contact Fabric Flourishes for meeting times. If you would like to lead one of the classes, please contact us!
- Lord of Life Lutheran Church, campus town, Ames.
Gourmet Garments - Urbandale
- Focuses on the finer details of fitting, construction techniques, marrying the fabric to the design and couture details that take their sewing passion from ordinary to “gourmet.”
- Bring examples of sewing techniques and share how to achieve them.
- Great source for fitting help.
- 2nd Tuesday every month, 12:30 social, 1:00 program.
- Meeting Room A, Urbandale Library, 3520 86th Street, Urbandale
Pattern Testers - Ames
- Members bring garments made using the independent pattern companies and share their experiences.
- Members can audition (and often try on) patterns as potential projects of their own.
- Fourth Monday every other month, 1:00pm.
- Creekside Clubhouse, 92 Lakeview Place, Ames (near the entrance to Creekside on S. 16th)